A Retrofit Assessment is an in-depth assessment of a property, based on the following criteria;
• An Occupancy Assessment
• An Energy Assessment
• A Condition assessment of the property
These elements will form sufficient data to allow the Retrofit Coordinator to develop a Medium-Term Improvement Plan for a domestic property.
The assessment shall include:
• an appraisal of the dwelling’s heritage, architectural features, structure, construction and condition and the installed building services (ventilation, heating, hot water and lighting) in sufficient detail to establish the suitability of the dwelling for improvement;
• identification of any constraints imposed by the local planning authority (including requirements for planning permission, Listing as of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, Conservation Area constraints, Tree Preservation orders, etc.);
• identification of the location and severity of any existing construction defects or structural defects or leaks, and of any condensation and/or mould growth in the dwelling;
• identification of any energy efficiency measures already installed or proposed.
• a measured survey to establish the overall dimensions of the dwelling’s heat loss envelope (including any basements and attics), the dimensions of all building elements (exposed floors, external walls, roofs, etc) and the dimensions of all window and door openings;
• an appraisal of the dwelling’s construction in sufficient detail to establish the thermal transmittances (U values) and moisture properties of the main building elements (exposed floors, walls and roofs) and the suitability of the dwelling for improvement;
• identification of the installed building services (ventilation, heating, hot water and lighting systems and their controls).
The completed Retrofit Assessment will be provided to a Retrofit Coordinator in order to develop plans for remediation.
Fairwood Solutions are qualified to act as Retrofit Assessors in accordance with PAS2035.
Looking for top-quality surveying services or energy assessment? Look no further than Fairwood Solutions! Our experienced team use the latest technology and techniques to provide accurate and reliable results. Whether you need a Building Survey or energy assessment, we've got you covered. So why wait? Contact us today and see how Fairwood Solutions can help with your all your property needs!